STUDENT ASSISTANT PROGRAM
Student Assistant Program
The spirit and programs of Odyssey are based on the philosophy that every individual’s creative capacity is greatly enhanced by a generous community and challenging instruction. The intention of the Student Assistant Program is to provide progressive students with an opportunity to enrich their educational experience while working within a stimulating studio environment. The program emphasizes education through classes, workshops, lectures, critiques and community.
- Completion of at least one class at Odyssey
- Commit to 18-month program
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- 50% discount on tuition for classes and workshops
- Gain experience mixing glazes and firing kilns
- Opportunities to assist classes and workshops
- Extended studio access
- Four-tier storage shelf and access to community studio space
- Display and sell artwork
- Access to Odyssey’s Photo Room for taking professional photographs of new work
In exchange for what Odyssey provides, Student Assistants are responsible for working a regular 4 hour shift one day per week. Additional hours may be necessary for workshops, special events and meetings. Student Assistants act as representatives of Odyssey and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to execute responsibilities thoroughly and efficiently. Duties include assisting instructors and students, firing kilns, mixing glazes, and general studio maintenance.
Please call to schedule an appointment for an information session.
For more information please contact: